Ductwork is important because it controls not only the temperature of the air that comes into your home but also removes contaminants like pet dander, dust, lint, and pollen particles. As these microscopic particles float through the air in your home, they are pulled back into the HVAC unit. Unfortunately, these particles are not all removed and can end up contaminating your ducts, leading to poor air quality in your home.
Duct cleaning is therefore essential to the functionality of your home. It ensures clean air for everyone in your family, including pets! When you breathe in dust, dirt, debris, and all sorts of other contaminants through the nose or mouth, they often make their way to the lungs, which can greatly impact your health.
Warning Signs Your Air Ducts Need to be Cleaned
Cleaning is necessary when there are contaminants in your duct system. You can physically see if you have a layer of dust and dirt on your vents, but sometimes a visual inspection isn’t enough. Some warning signs that indicate whether or not you need to get your air ducts cleaned:
- Yellow or Orange Stains on The Sheet Metal of The Vents: These stains are caused by excess humidity and can contribute to bacterial growth.
- Excessive Dust: Excessive dust in your home, especially behind heavy appliances like your refrigerator.
- Increased Allergies or Respiratory Problems in Your Home: Typically, if everyone seems to be struggling with their breathing, your air ducts should be checked.
- Excessive Energy Costs: This could be an indicator of dirty ductwork. Contact us if you’re unsure why your energy bills are going up.
- Dirt or Dust Around The Vents: These are the first warning signs that your ducts need to be cleaned. Dust and dirt may build up over time, especially if you do not change your filters according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Signs of Rodent or Insect Infestation: Rodents and insects can build nests in your ductwork, especially if the system has been closed off. This could be a fire hazard as those animals may use those old dryer sheets to build their nest.
- Visible Mold Growth: Mold growth in the HVAC system is often caused by excess moisture. This can occur if your ducts are insulated but there are holes in the insulation or the insulation itself is damaged.
- Noises in The Ductwork: This may be an indication that there is debris stuck in the ducts, which will need to be removed.
- Rust on The Outside of The Vents: Rust around your vents may mean that moisture is attempting to get into the ductwork. This could indicate a leak somewhere else in the system, but it can also contribute to bacterial growth.
If you notice any of these warning signs, contact one of our professionals to get your air ducts cleaned today!
Deciding Whether or Not to Get Your Ducts Cleaned by Reliable Professionals
The decision to have your ducts cleaned can mean the difference between having a safe, healthy home and one that is filled with pollutants. Not only will this service help you breathe easier knowing you are surrounded by clean air, but it also ensures the health of your entire family. This type of professional cleaning benefits everyone in your household. It will improve your cleaning routine by reducing the amount of dust in your home, allowing you to clean less often.
Ready to Save Big on Your Bills?
Of course, one of the main benefits that come from this service is reduced energy bills. When you take into account how dirty your air ducts may be, it only makes sense to get them cleaned out and to have a better system in place for removing all dust and other contaminants from your home. It’s a great way to make sure everyone is breathing clean air.
We know that our customers often worry about the cost of professional cleaning for their ducts, but we want you to be able to breathe cleaner air without worrying about breaking your budget. That’s why we offer great specials and coupons on service packages.
Contact Us Today for Air Duct Cleaning
No matter your reason, it’s important that you clean your air ducts. This ensures that you and those who live with you can enjoy a healthier and more comfortable home.