You’ve no doubt been informed of just how important it is to schedule professional air conditioning maintenance services on an annual basis. You’ve probably read that very bit of advice here on our industry blog. What you may not realize, though, is just how much work goes into your maintenance service. It truly is a job that only a well-trained and properly equipped technician can handle. If you’ve ever doubted the necessity for routine air conditioning maintenance, just give the following information some thought. We’re happy to help you to better understand why this is so important. When you’re through, be sure to dial our number to schedule routine AC maintenance in Apex, NC.
There is a long list of steps that must be completed when tuning up an air conditioning system. It requires much more than simply changing out an air filter and some basic cleaning. Following are just a few of the tasks that your AC maintenance technician must complete when tuning up your system.
- All moving parts must be properly lubricated. Insufficient lubrication leads to friction, which in turn can lead to damaged components and reduced efficiency.
- Your evaporator and condenser coils must be thoroughly cleaned. If these coils are caked with dirt and grime, the overall cooling performance of your air conditioning system is impeded.
- Refrigerant levels must also be checked. Your system does not consume refrigerant, remember, so low levels may indicate a leak.
- The condensate drain line should be inspected for leaks or blockages.
- Your blower assembly must be checked and adjusted as needed, so that you can distribute air throughout your home effectively and reliably.
- Your thermostat will also have to be evaluated for proper settings/operation. A lot of cooling issues stem from the thermostat itself.
When you need great air conditioning maintenance, you need to call Ideal Services Heating & Cooling.